|1Bordilovska, O |
1DSc (Politics) The Institute of International Relations, Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University 36/1, Melnikova Str., Kyiv, 04119, Ukraine firstname.lastname@example.org
|Kitaêznavčì doslìdžennâ 2017, 1-2:34-46|
|Section: Political, social and economic development of China|
Considering various aspects of the PRC’s strategy under the general title “One Belt – One Way” (OBOR), experts in different countries, and especially in Pakistan, pay particular attention to the indicative part of OBOR – the Sino-Pakistani Economic Corridor (CPEC). This project has already received the loud name of the “game-changer”, as its realization to a large extent will impact the implementation of all the ambitious plans of China to build a broad infrastructure network in Eurasia. But since the launch of the KPEC and the first steps in its implementation, many questions have already arisen, such as: for whom exactly it is a turning point, who is more interested in it, China or Pakistan? What are the risks this project has for the general population and private business in particular? Why do different regional and non-regional actors react so differently to the CPEC project? These questions should be answered for the first time in Ukraine within an article written after the author’s visit to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and discussing this topic with experts in various fields.
|Keywords: China Geo-economic Policy, China – Pakistan Economic Corridor, One Belt One Road Initiative, Silk Roads Strategy, “All Weather” Partnership|
- Antipov K. V. (2016) Economicheskiy koridor KNR-Pakistan otkryvaet shelkovyy put na Zapad // https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/eko (In Russian).
- Goncharuk A. Z. (2016) Supernytstwo Rosiyi I Kutayu za vplyv u regioni Tzentralnoyi Aziyi. Vysnovky dlya Ukrayiny // http://www.niss.gov.ua/articles/2768/ (In Ukrainian).
- Kiktenko V. O. (2017) “Odyn poyas – Odyn Shlyah” – globalnyi geoeconomichnyi proect Kitayu // Ukrayina – Kytai, No. 2 (8), 2017, p. 20–26. (In Ukrainian).
- Noorani A. G. (2015) Doctrina Dovala 03.11.2015 // http://inosmi.ru/india/20151103/231159393.html (In Russian).
- Si Tzynpin v parlamente Pakistana vystupil s vazhnoy rechyu na tyemu: “Sozdaniye kitaysko-pakistanskogo soobshchestwa s yedinoy sydboy…” (2015) // Zhinhua. 22.04.2015. URL: http://russian.people.com.cn/n/2015/0422/c315208881773.html (In Russian).
- Afzal Madiha (2017) Why the Trump administration’s policy on Pakistan is likely to fail /https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2017/11/22/why-the-trump...
- CPEC – a Game-changer for the region (2017). Institute of Cost and Management of Pakistan (IKMA), March – April 2017.
- Engr. M. A. Jabbar (2017): Need for a Win-Win Arrangement under CPEC CPEC – a Game-changer for the region. Institute of Cost and Management of Pakistan (IKMA), March – April 2017, p. 13–19.
- Exclusive interview with Prof. Ahsan Iqbal, Federal Minister for Planning and Development (2017) // CPEC – a Game-changer for the region. Institute of Cost and Management of Pakistan (IKMA), March – April 2017, p. 4–5.
- Indian opposition can affect China-Pakistan Economic Corridor in short run (2017) – The Express Tribune, June 27, 2017.
- Khurram Husain (2017) LONG TERM PLAN, Dawn May 18, 2017: https://www.dawn.com/news/1333101
- Raisina Dialogue (2017). Inaugural Address by Shri Narendra Modi, India PM. Conference Report 2017.
- Rasheed I. (2017) CPEC: a game changer for whom? The Express Tribune. 17.05.2017 // http:/tribune.com.pk/story/1411533
- Dr. Raza Khan (2017) Washington’s reservations over CPEC Published in The Express Tribune, November 8, 2017.
- Dr. Talat Ayesha Wizarat (2015) Gateway to China. Case Study of Silk Toad. Karachi Council on Foreign Relations, 2015.