|1Osadchuk, V, 2Shaidetska, V, 3Drobotiuk, O |
1Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman Institute for Contemporary China Studies named after Borys Kurts 03057, Kyiv, 54/1 Peremohy prospect email@example.com
2Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman Institute for Contemporary China Studies named after Borys Kurts 03057, Kyiv, 54/1 Peremohy prospect firstname.lastname@example.org
3Ph.D. in Economics, Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman Institute for Contemporary China Studies named after Borys Kurts 03057, Kyiv, 54/1 Peremohy prospect email@example.com
|Kitaêznavčì doslìdžennâ 2020, 2:93-102|
|Section: Political, Social and Economic Development of China|
In recent decades, an increase in an average income and population has increased the production of all types of meat, of which poultry accounts for the largest share. In particular, chicken consumption is increasing significantly in fast-growing and densely populated countries such as China and India. Lower prices among other types of meat, the fast growth of chickens, efficient production, promotion of the beneficial properties of chicken and absence of religious restrictions are the main reasons for the growing popularity of this type of meat. Ukrainian export of chicken meat will grow and exceed import in both volume and value, despite the possible threats and the unstable situation with the Covid-19. China’s import orientation and the growing Chinese demand for finished products, together with the growth of production capacity and several advantages of Ukrainian chicken meat, give grounds to consider this trade cooperation beneficial for both parties. The purpose of this article is to analyze the World, Chinese and Ukrainian chicken market, key trends and prospects, to provide recommendations for trade activities of these two countries in the market. The authors highlight the following main opportunities for poultry export from Ukraine to China: the introduction of new technologies in production, intensive investment in the development and construction of production facilities, the growth of poultry livestock and the emergence of new species. These opportunities will strengthen the price competitiveness of Ukrainian producers, Ukraine’s market position among competing countries and improve cooperation with China.
|Keywords: China, Chinese market, consumption, poultry meat market, production, Ukrainian export|
- FAO. (2015). World Agriculture: Towards 2015/2030. An FAO Perspective, аvailable at: http://www.fao.org/docrep/005/y4252e/y4252e07.htm.
- FAS USDA. (2020). China: Poultry and Products Annual. United States Department of Agriculture.
- FAS USDA. (2020). Livestock and Poultry: World Markets and Trade, аvailable at: https://apps.fas.usda.gov/psdonline/circulars/livestock_poultry.pdf.
- FAS USDA. (2020a). Ukraine: Poultry and Products Annual. FAS USDA, аvailable at: https://apps.fas.usda.gov/newgainapi/api/Report/DownloadReportByFileName....
- General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China. (2020). General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China, аvailable at: http://jckspj.customs.gov.cn/spj/zwgk75/2706880/jckrljgzyxx33/2812399/in....
- OECD-FAO. (2019). Dataset: OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2019-2028, аvailable at: OECD Statistics: http://stats.oecd.org/OECDStat_Metadata/ShowMetadata.ashx?Dataset=HIGH_A....
- OECD-FAO. (2020). OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2020-2029. OECD.
- OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook. (2020). Meat consumption, аvailable at: OECD Data: https://data.oecd.org/agroutput/meat-consumption.htm.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine. (2020). Production of animal products, аvailable at: http://ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2020/sg/vpt/arh_vpt2020_u.html.