|Kyrychenko, A, Berezovska, L|
|Kitaêznavčì doslìdžennâ 2021, 2:52-64|
|Section: Political, Social and Economic Development of China|
The article analyzes the development of foreign trade activities of China and Ukraine for the period 2009–2020 in terms of key indicators: imports, exports, foreign trade turnover, trade balance, lead ratio, coverage ratio. During the study period, there is an increase in both exports and imports of China, respectively, and growing foreign trade turnover. The results of the calculations show that imports are covered by exports throughout the study period. Exports of goods grew unevenly relative to imports: exports grew more intensively in all years, except for 2018, when imports increased more intensively. Trends in the analysis of the commodity structure of the main indicators show that the main commodity groups in 2020 that were exported from China were electrical machinery and equipment (26.0%) and nuclear reactors, boilers, equipment (17.4%). Regarding the main product groups that were imported to China in 2020, there are also electrical machinery and equipment (26.0%) and energy materials (13.0%). A detailed analysis of the geographical structure of exports and imports suggests that the main areas of exports of goods from China in 2020 were the following countries: the United States (17.0%) and Hong Kong (10%), and imports: other Asian countries (10%), Japan (8%) and South Korea (8%). Although Ukraine’s foreign trade turnover is growing, the trade balance is negative for the entire period of the study. The calculations show that imports, in any of the years, are not covered by exports. Import volumes grew more intensively in all years. The main areas of export of goods from Ukraine in 2020 were the following countries: China (14%), Poland (7%), the Russian Federation (26%). The largest trading partners for the import of goods to Ukraine in 2020 were the following countries: China (15%), Germany (10%), the Russian Federation (8%), Poland (8%). The analysis of the commodity structure shows that the basis of Ukraine's exports is agricultural products, which has an annual upward trend. As for the goods of imported products imported to Ukraine in 2020, it is important to note that the main ones were: machinery, equipment and mechanisms, mineral products and products of the chemical and related industries.
|Keywords: commodity structure, export, foreign trade activity, foreign trade turnover, geographical structure, import, trade balance|
- Hlushchenko Ya. I., Storchak V. M. (2018), “Analiz zovnishn’otorhovel’nykh vidnosyn Ukrayiny i Kytays’koyi Narodnoyi Respubliky”, Ekonomika i suspil’stvo. № 16. S. 50–57.
- Miklovda V.P., Korol’ M.M., Mudrenok K.P. (2017), “Analiz dynamiky ta struktury zovnishn’oyi torhivli Kytayu”, Naukovyy visnyk Uzhhorods’koho natsional’noho universytetu. № 11. S. 103–106.
- Ostashko T.O., Olefir V.K. (2019), “Perspektyvy vil’noyi torhivli z Kytayem: rozvytok vitchyznyanoho eksportu i ryzyky importozalezhnosti”, Ekonomika i prohnozuvannya. S. 128–155.
- Ostashko T.M. (2018), “Osoblyvosti torhovel’noyi polityky Kytayu i perspektyvy eksportu Ukrayiny do KNR”, European scientific journal of Economic and Financial innovation. № 1. S. 31–43.
- Trofymchuk A.P. (2017), “Zovnishn’otorhovel’ne spivrobitnytstvo Ukrayiny z krayinamy skhidnoyi Aziyi v umovakh hlobalizatsiyi” : dys. … kand. ek. nauk : 08.00.02. L’viv. 228 s.
- Tszyun’ Ch. (2014), “Analiz dynamiky ta perspektyv zovnishn’oyi torhivli KNR”, Aktual’ni problemy mizhnarodnykh vidnosyn. № 123 (chastyna I). S. 161–172.
- Yakubovs’kyy S.O., Rodionova T.A., Babinchuk O.S. (2020), “Torhovel’ne protystoyannya SShA ta Kytayu: prychyny ta naslidky”, Visnyk KhNU imeni V. N. Karazina. № 11. S. 35–44.